Seguimos Trajabando – We’re Still Working

 

DdaEDEoVMAAtNXM.jpg-large.jpegContamos con 1623 trabajadores en las líneas de distribución y 434 en las de transmisión. La generación para la fecha 89.1% y 98.86% (1,456,277) clientes con servicio; continuamos para restablecer el 1.14% (16,723) restante.

We have 1623 workers in the distribution lines and 434 in the transmission lines. Generation for the date 89.1% and 98.86% (1,456,277) customers with service; We continue to restore the remaining 1.14% (16,723).

DdZFjjnUwAE5znx.jpg

Today is Day 237 since Hurricane Maria made landfall and Day 250 since Hurricane Irma made landfall on the island of Puerto Rico. AEE reports 98.86% of its customers/subscribers currently have power.

There are still 16,727 households/businesses without electricity on the island of Puerto Rico.

There are now 14 days until Hurricane Season begins on June 1.

Advertisements

Incremental Progress – Seguimos

Untitled.jpg

Contamos con 1458 trabajadores en las líneas de distribución y 346 en las de transmisión. La generación para la fecha 95.1% y 98.69% (1,453,739) clientes con servicio; continuamos para restablecer el 1.31% (19,261) restante

We have 1458 workers in the distribution lines and 346 in the transmission lines. The generation for the date 95.1% and 98.69% (1,453,739) customers with service; We continue to reset the remaining 1.31% (19,261)

DdEwDNKVQAA7a2d.jpg

Today is Day 233 since Hurricane Maria made landfall and Day 246 since Hurricane Irma made landfall on the island of Puerto Rico. AEE reports 98.69% of its customers/subscribers currently have power.

Continuing To Work Toward 100%

DctHKVnU0AI3tkN.jpg

Please note that there are 23 days until hurricane season returns to the Atlantic.

DcrEmBqVAAAwnno.jpg

Today is Day 229 since Hurricane Maria made landfall and Day 242 since Hurricane Irma made landfall on the island of Puerto Rico. AEE reports 98.44% of its customers/subscribers currently have power.

Yes, only about 23,000 people are still without power. That sounds so good and yet so bad at the same time. There are towns in mainland America that have less than 23,000 inhabitants. The actual number is 22,930 without power. So I did a very Michael Moore thing and accessed the census to check on populations. There are similar sized populations starting with Mauldin City, South Carolina with a population of  22,889 in 2010 and ending with Mililani Mauka CDP, Hawai’i with a population of 21.039 in 2010. Therefore, there are 150 cities, towns and municipalities that if they were located in Puerto Rico today any one of them could be experiencing a total blackout. We would not stand for that here in small town America, yet it is STILL ok for this number of people to be without electricity in their homes for 8 months. What is wrong with this picture. I’m sure readers find me a bit pedantic, but this is my home that I’m talking about. You would feel the same way if your home was effected.

Sí, solo unas 23,000 personas aún no tienen luz. Eso suena muy bien y al mismo tiempo tan malo. Hay ciudades en la América continental que tienen menos de 23,000 habitantes. El número real es 22,930 sin luz. Así que hice algo como a Michael Moore y accedí al censo para verificar las poblaciones.  Hay poblaciones de tamaño similar comenzando con Mauldin City, Carolina del Sur con una población de 22,889 en 2010 y terminando con Mililani Mauka CDP, Hawai’i con una población de 21,039 en 2010. Por lo tanto, hay 150 ciudades, pueblos y municipios que si se ubicaran hoy en Puerto Rico cualquiera de ellos podría estar experimentando un apagón total. No defenderíamos eso aquí en las pequeña ciudades de los Estados Unidos, pero TODAVÍA está bien que esta cantidad de personas permanezca sin electricidad en sus hogares durante 8 meses. ¿Qué está mal con esta imagen? Estoy seguro de que los lectores me encuentran un poco pedante, pero este es mi isla de que estoy hablando. Te sentirías de la misma manera si su casa se viera afectada.

The Truth Is In The Barrios

IMG_0654.jpg

Today is Day 227 since Hurricane Maria made landfall and Day 240 since Hurricane Irma made landfall on the island of Puerto Rico. AEE continues to report 98.26% of its customers/subscribers currently have power by not publishing any new information.

Weekends are very long days for swim instructors/coaches. We are getting ready for summer swim now. Apologies for inability to post during. Right now, I’m just hoping to make it from 9 – 6 and eat pizza and watch Westworld this evening. I don’t want to fall asleep in my pizza or have to wake myself up and rewatch episode 3 to get it. I had to watch episode 2x last night and fell asleep during some part….. even with flautas and guacamole! Then I got up and did my daily count up!

Daily Count Up – Trying To Keep My Promise

Simplemente tratando de cumplir mi promesa en un mundo muy ocupado.

Simply trying to keep my promise in a very busy world.

banner_eestableciendo_sistema.jpg

 

 

DcWZWAOU0AAGDW_.jpg

Today is Day 225 since Hurricane Maria made landfall and Day 238 since Hurricane Irma made landfall on the island of Puerto Rico. According to AEE’s report yesterday, 98.26% of its customers/subscribers currently have power.

 

It took me a while to find yesterday’s report. It was not issued during my usual time to blog.

DcTSrdoVMAAyiNG.jpg

 

Very Strange Daily Count Up

Untitled.jpg

Today is Day 224 since Hurricane Maria made landfall and Day 237 since Hurricane Irma made landfall on the island of Puerto Rico. According to AEE’s report yesterday, 98.08% of its customers/subscribers currently have power.

 

AEE has not issued an update for today and StatusPR has not updated since April 27. There are many issues facing Puerto Rico besides the power grid. There is access to clean water, general infrastructure, business, schools/education, poverty, political status, and governmental corruption. Sounds just like the mainland, as we call it. So why is it still so hard for people to realize that Puerto Rico is part of America?

AEE no ha emitido una actualización para el día de hoy y StatusPR no se ha actualizado desde el 27 de abril. Hay muchos problemas que enfrenta Puerto Rico además de la red eléctrica. Hay acceso a agua potable, infraestructura general, negocios, escuelas / educación, pobreza, estatus político y corrupción gubernamental. Suena como el continente, como lo llamamos. Entonces, ¿por qué todavía es tan difícil para la gente darse cuenta de que Puerto Rico es parte de América?

Oh yeah…. and I also write too big!     Oh, sí … ¡y escribo demasiado grande tambien!