Seguimos Trajabando – We’re Still Working

 

DdaEDEoVMAAtNXM.jpg-large.jpegContamos con 1623 trabajadores en las líneas de distribución y 434 en las de transmisión. La generación para la fecha 89.1% y 98.86% (1,456,277) clientes con servicio; continuamos para restablecer el 1.14% (16,723) restante.

We have 1623 workers in the distribution lines and 434 in the transmission lines. Generation for the date 89.1% and 98.86% (1,456,277) customers with service; We continue to restore the remaining 1.14% (16,723).

DdZFjjnUwAE5znx.jpg

Today is Day 237 since Hurricane Maria made landfall and Day 250 since Hurricane Irma made landfall on the island of Puerto Rico. AEE reports 98.86% of its customers/subscribers currently have power.

There are still 16,727 households/businesses without electricity on the island of Puerto Rico.

There are now 14 days until Hurricane Season begins on June 1.

Advertisements

National Harbor, Metro D.C.

Since I currently live in Metro D.C., I forget about all of the great places people come here to visit. Here is a look at National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland. It is just a short tour boat ride down the Potomac.

IMG_0446.jpg

A view around one of the many hotels.

IMG_0450.jpg

A park bench.

IMG_0441.jpg

One of the two eagles overlooking the Potomac.

 

Everybody Needs An Angel

IMG_1476.jpg

Today is Day 202 since Hurricane Maria made landfall and Day 215 since Hurricane Irma made landfall on the island of Puerto Rico. StatusPR currently reports that electric generation remains at 95.20% for its subscribers.

Anti-Depression Salad From The Bad/Sad Boricua

IMG_5005.jpg

Very sad & overwhelmed since Spring Equinox. The weather has been too cold for my Boricua taste, here in Northern Virginia. So I decided that I needed spinach salad. I planned it out so every ingredient would max up my sense of well-being. Since food is not my expertise, just know that all of these ingredients are full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidents. I’m going to eat a salad every day for lunch or dinner and see how I feel. Here is my recipe:

Spinach – iron

Cherry Tomatoes – lycopene in the skins

Carrots – beta-carotene

Black Beans, Peas or Chickpeas – iron, copper, zinc, potassium, calcium

Blueberries or Blackberries – vitamins, antioxidents especially resveratrol

Dry Coconut – triglicerides – fuels  good moods

Pumpkin Seeds  – tryptophan

Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Fruit or Balsamic Vinegar & Lemon

Pink Himalayan Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper (to taste)

 

BTW: if anybody tries this salad or some permutation please let me know!!!!!

Papayas Grow On Trees!

IMG_0355.jpg

Today is Day 198 since Hurricane Maria made landfall and Day 211 since Hurricane Irma made landfall on the island of Puerto Rico. StatusPR currently reports that electric generation has risen to 95.20% for its subscribers. Let us all hope this is true. La verdad.

Back In The Day

So long ago, the ties that bind us remain. I know that if I need you, you will still hold my hand. Thanks Poche!IMG_3453.jpg

Today is Day 194 since Hurricane Maria made landfall and Day 207 since Hurricane Irma made landfall on the island of Puerto Rico. StatusPR continues to report that electric generation remains at 90.10% for its subscribers.

More Cooking With The Bad Boricua

There was always a pot of beans on the stove in every Puertorican home. Being the Bad Boricua, I’m improvising all over the place. Got my can of beans (actually we use 3 cans), my sofrito, and my best spoon. I’m ready. Got the tostonera out. We will have fresh tostones (double fried plantains) no matter what!IMG_3446.jpg